Basic Soldering - An Online Workshop
Class Date: April 20 - June 20, 2017
Class Cost: $130.00
Join me for a new venture of an e-workshop. This workshop will teach you everything you need to be successful in basic soldering. We will explore the various tools used in soldering while working with copper and silver elements, both wire and sheet. Learn the proper techniques for creating clean seams and flowing curves.
This workshop features 7 projects and 30 videos.
- Making your own jump rings
- Learn to use a jewelers saw
- Learn about other tools used in mass producing jump rings
- Make a chain from start to finish
- Learn proper placement of solder to create clean joins (no solder blobs)
- Want to know how I make those graceful swirls full of depth and dimension, well you will learn that too.
- Learn how to make your own post back earrings
- Discover how to work with textured backplates and overcoming solder runs
- Create a colorful coper bracelet using silver solder, but you won't see any silver solder seams here. Come discover how I did it.
- Add color to your projects using alcohol inks and learn how to set the color and seal it in.
An in person class with me usually runs only 4 - 6 hours and you finsh only one project. This workshop can be done in the comfort of your own studio over the course of 2 months. Work at your own pace and watch videos as often as desired. Interact with me every day through the forum I have set up and emails. And best yet, we cover six full projects from start to finish in high quality video full of tips, tricks and handy shortcuts.
The course also has a Secret FaceBook group for us to post our process/problem photos and finished eye candy. The group will also facilitate our questions and social items related to the course.
Please use the email you would like me to send your username and password information.